Do you have equipment operator and general labour experience? Are you looking for a rewarding career? If so, York Region wants you!
Who You Are
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking, innovation, and personal ownership
- You embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to excellence on the job
- You interact with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work environment
- You display a commitment to serving the community
What You Bring To York Region
- Successful completion of a Secondary School diploma or equivalent approved combination of education and experience
- Valid Ontario Class “DZ” driver’s licence
- Experience in the field of specialized heavy duty equipment and other equipment associated with road maintenance operations such as but not limited to dump trucks, loaders, tractors, snow plows using a Tandem or Single Axle Roadway plow/salter, chainsaws and grass-cutting equipment
- Knowledge of specialized activities required in the maintenance and repair of road signs, guideposts, hazard protection devices, and drainage installations and repairs would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of equipment vehicle operations as they relate to road maintenance activities
- Knowledge of summer and winter road maintenance activities and operations
- A commitment to a healthy workplace for yourself and others by providing a safe and efficient road system
- Ability to work rotating shifts, perform standby duties, and work outside regular business hours, in adverse weather conditions as required.
How to Apply
Are you ready to join us? Please apply online by May 17, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$29.47 - $32.03 per hour
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)