Who We Are:
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (power generation, distributed generation, and electricity distribution, transmission and infrastructure development); Pipelines and Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
- As a Gasfitter you will be responsible for the installation, inspection, adjustment and servicing of natural gas equipment which can include meters (meter set, regulator), piping, appliances and related components of the gas utility system as required.
- Within the scope of the job, responsible to ensure safety, reliability and efficiency in accordance with company, provincial and municipal codes and procedures.
- Ensure all work and driving results in a safe condition for the employee, co-workers and the public.
- Grade 12 Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Alberta First Class A Gasfitter ticket is required.
- Must have a valid Alberta Class “5” driver’s license and be able to obtain an In-House Operator’s Certificate and may be required to obtain a higher class or certification as needed.
- Must be familiar with various regulatory codes governing the natural gas industry.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, decision making skills, and strong work ethics, and be able to maintain and promote good working relationships and excellent customer service.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate company required certificates and successfully complete the required courses.
- Ability to interpret plans, working drawings and material specification is desirable.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must demonstrate aptitude in trouble-shooting / problem solving skills.
- This position is a Safety-Sensitive position and has additional pre-employment requirements as identified in the Alcohol & Drug Policy 6.2.3 Applicant Testing.
Residency Requirements: Employees must reside within the Provost service territory (agency), and 30 minutes from their place of residence to the Provost office.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.careers.atco.com on or before August 12, 2019.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within ATCO.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent