The successful candidate will act as a document production specialist and provide support for our corporate lawyers. They will have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable, positive and interested in their work.
The required hours of work for this position are Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm and Monday and Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. There is an option for full-time (35 hours) or part-time (28 hours); an additional 7 hours can be worked during the week for full-time hour’s option.
At Fasken, success means:
- A strong client service approach - ready, willing, and able.
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills.
- Being organized, with high attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of next steps.
- Producing, editing, scanning or converting a variety of legal documents, spreadsheets, and presentations using a variety of software.
- Performing document version comparisons and accurate revisions.
- Correcting document corruption.
- Preparing with little or no direction all legal documents according to general precedents or instructions.
- Transcribing dictation from digital format.
- Managing the intake of work, prioritizing and coordinating to meet deadlines.
- Documenting, logging and tracking responses to requests for support.
- Acting as a technical resource for document production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course
- A minimum of five (5) years of previous law firm experience (large firm experience would be an asset);
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
- Excellent computer knowledge and typing skills; proficiency in MS Office 2010, Excel, Power Point,
- Adobe Pro, digital dictation, iManage, etc.
This role reports to the Supervisor, Legal Support Services.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to faskenhr @ fasken.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
Job Type: Part-time
- English (Required)