The Jr IT Technician is responsible for installing, managing and supporting internal hardware, software and network necessary for Bruce Telecom employees to conduct business.
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
- Securely manage internal corporate information technology infrastructure.
- Responsible for all employee workstation equipment.
- Primary contact for all internal technology issues, training and support.
- Assist with the development and implementation of procedures for the use of technology within the organization.
- Provide recommendations on computer system requirements and specifications.
- Running and confirming proper completion of monthly billing processes.
- Maintain upgrade schedules for hardware and software to manage the lifecycle for replacement.
- Control disposal of obsolete technology with adherence to privacy and confidentiality guidelines in an environmentally responsible way.
- Responsible for daily data backup and retention and emergency recovery systems.
- Responsible for the security of internal network systems, devices and information.
- Provide back-up support for the IT Systems Administrator and liaise with Network Department as needed.
- Perform other non-union duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Educational & Experience Requirements:
Post- Secondary Education in Information Technology
2+ years of experience in a related role
An appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered
Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Technical Skills Considered an Asset:
Microsoft operating systems certification
Intel PC and Server system hardware
Familiar with Office 365 and related services
Knowledge of Antivirus software, network and host security
IP Networking, including switching and routers
Experience with Virtual computing environments (Hyper-V)
Juniper firewalls and switches
Ability to work independently
Effective communications skills
Ability to problem solve effectively
Well-developed analytical, research, and decision-making skills
Ability to manage multiples projects and meet designated timelines
Working in an office environment
Considerable time spent using the computer
Considerable time on the telephone speaking with internal users and external vendors
Work with computers and printers
Repeated bending squatting, stooping, lifting
Sitting for long periods of time
On the computer using a keyboard and mouse
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
Ability to recognize and understand how to maintain/repair different hardware
Ability to handle stressful situations
Hours of Work:
To be discussed with the successful candidate
Will consider full-time, part-time or contract for the right fit
Job Type: Full-time