POSITION TITLE: Communications and Events Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Term Position starting February 4, 2019
HOURS OF WORK: Typical hours are 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.; Mon-Fri (35 hrs/week).
Occasional overtime and attendance at lunch, evening, or weekend meetings and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Grade 12 diploma; post-secondary training in business administration, communication, or event planning is preferred but a combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
PAY RATE: The Association provides competitive compensation and benefits
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing, and proven proofreading ability
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a high level of energy and flexibility
- Ability to deal with all kinds of people and provide outstanding customer service
- Good program planning; ability to perceive demands before they occur.
- Strong computer skills; basic HTML an asset
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general direction, plan, produce, and oversee execution of marketing and communications plan activities including media, promotions, website, and collateral materials. Develop materials to deliver the Association’s messages to the public and the media. Oversee and assist with organization and coordination of Association conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and oversee the communication calendar and material to ensure timely execution of the program, including News Notices, Event Notices, crisis communications, press releases, and all other electronic communiqués as needed,
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials.
- Control corporate image including copyrights and use of the Association logo, name, colours, photo images, and web presence.
- Act as editor, in support of the Keystone Professional Committee, to prepare, coordinate, and distribute the Association’s quarterly magazine, The Keystone Professional.
- Manage development and production of Association’s new media, including digital, social media, and online presence. May include training additional staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading.
- Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
Events and Programs
- Conduct research, making site visits, and finding resources to help the Manager of Operations make decisions about event possibilities.
- Assists with negotiations for space contracts and booking event space, arranging food and beverage, supplies, audiovisual equipment, and appropriate decor
- Creates and revises room layouts for each event
- Prepare, coordinate and host association events including coordinating services such as accommodation and transportation needs, facilities, catering, signage, displays, printing, and registration.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Coordinate and supervise other staff and volunteers for assigned events.
Administrative/Customer Service and Support
- Maintain and update records in the Association Member Database.
- Process registrations and follow up with payments and invoicing as required.
- Select evaluation metrics, tracking and reporting on benchmarks.
- Monitor emails and voice messages.
- Provide additional assistance and complete special projects as assigned by the Manager of Operations.
- Participate in budget development and support budget management.
- Perform other administrative duties (Reception lunch coverage, typing, filing, organizing, copying, mailings, etc.) as needed.
Other general duties as determined by the Manager of Operations.
- Standing and walking for limited periods of time.
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 25lbs or more.
- Talking on the telephone for limited periods of time.
- Extensive keyboard and computer use; eye strain for limited periods of time (related to computer use).
- Must agree to a criminal record check.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD FORWARD A LETTER OF APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
Manager of Operations
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
870 Pembina Hwy,
Winnipeg, MB, R3M 2M7
Closing Date: December 3, 2018
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- event planning or communication: 3 years (Preferred)