Listowel Ford is growing and thriving and have a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Financial Services Manager to join our team!
We are growing rapidly and require your customer focus and expertise to help us handle our growth!
Reporting to our Sales Manager, the Financial Services Manager will join our variable operations team of professionals to assist them in continuing to provide exceptional customer service experiences for our customers throughout the entire service process.
This will also be in line with our mission to consistently offer the best in customer experience in all facets of our dealership!
Our Financial Services Manageris responsible for offering a consultative, customer-focused approach to vehicle financing and leasing by performing the following duties:
- Generating additional income for the dealership by selling financing and insurance programs, and other appropriate after-sales products, to purchasers of new and used vehicles.
- Completing all paperwork and arranges for delivery and registration of vehicle.
- Assisting the Sales Manager with customer problems.
- Attending/completing required training and department meetings as required.
- Keeping abreast of manufacturer’s current finance and leasing programs and promotions and those of the banking institutions.
- Providing the sales team and Sales Managers with up-to-date information on financing and leasing programs, on an ongoing basis.
- Providing the sales team with training on the advantages of financing, insurance and extended warranty programs, as well as how to prepare customers for the services provided by the Financial Services Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 + years Financial Services/Business Manager experience, preferably in Domestic automotive products.
- Minimum 5 years of customer service experience in a sales capacity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in vehicle sales software such as PBS, DealerTrack, DealerMine and/or RouteOne.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, sound business judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of rules surrounding confidentiality, information governance and data protection.
- Excellent organizational and realistic time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Confident working under pressure and able to prioritize work for self and others.
- Clear, concise and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with client queries/concerns and diffuse potentially difficult situations.
- Driver’s license in good standing and clean driver’s abstract required.
What can we offer you?
- Industry Leading compensation package
- Performance Driven Bonuses
- Health/Medical/Dental Benefits
- Employee Regonition Programs
- Tier 1 OEM Training
- Industry leading management support
- Excellent opportunity for career growth within the group
- Like-minded professional colleagues who excel in customer service
- so much more!!!
Job Type: Full-time