Piller’s Fine Foods, a Division of Premium Brands Operating Limited Partnership, is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats with state of the art production facilities throughout Ontario. Our award-winning deli products under the Piller’s brand are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently accepting resumes for Production Operators (6-month contract) for our meat processing facility located in Brantford, Ontario. This position could lead to a permanent position at the end of the 6-month contract.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Retrieve raw meat from coolers, scale product and place into grinder
- Add ingredients according to a recipe and operate a blender to mix product
- Tie ends of sausages and hang onto racks
- Retrieve racks of product, cut product and feed into packaging line
- Check the quality of product and remove product defects
- Assemble boxes and pack product
- Scale and label boxes and palletize onto pallets
- Check product date codes and clean work areas
- Follow all prescribed SOPs, rotation schedules, HACCP, GMP and CCP procedures
Qualifications for this position include:
- Heavy lifting required in some positions (up to 60lbs)
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Reading, writing and mathematical skills required
- Ability to follow direction and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a team member
- Previous work experience in manufacturing is preferred but not required
Successful applicants will be required to work a straight afternoon Monday – Friday. Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
The rate of pay for this position is $18.00 per hour plus an additional $0.60 per hour for the shift premium.
Afternoon shift: 2:00pm – 10:30pm or 2:45pm – 11:15pm
Please note that shift hours may be subject to change slightly as we are currently staggering start times due to COVID-19.
If this position and the opportunity to join a progressive company interests you, please send us your resume!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Piller's Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller's Fine foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you required accommodation.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.60 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)