The successful applicant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be extremely well organized, detail oriented, flexible, results driven and able to deal with competing priorities. The incumbent must also be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to use his/her own initiative and manage time effectively.
- Provides administrative support to the Vice President and senior management team including calendar management which will include scheduling of meetings, appointments, general correspondence, record and file maintenance, mail distribution
- Proactively identifies the requirement and preparation of complex documents, presentations, databases, reports, spreadsheets, notices, using a variety of software programs with minimal direction
- Works on special projects, which may include budgeting and strategic planning, gathering and organizing, presentation information for internal and external meetings and conferences
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries for the management team, using Concur, as well as provide assistance with expense submissions
- Coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings and events including logistics, communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel
- Primary contact for floor plans, group lists, office name plates and all office related inquiries.
- Manage spending according to planned annual budget
- Oversee select office contracts such as printer, mail, cleaning, security, and others, ensuring rates are competitive and billing is accurate
- Maintain organizational charts (MS VISIO) and office phone lists
- Organize special events such as internal information forums, annual on-site flu shots, charity events.
- A member of the Social Committee; organize events
- A member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee, including maintaining of Emergency Evacuation process.
- Represent Human Resources for internal inquiries and assistance, including new hires and departures
- Participate in senior management team meetings, recording and distributing results as required
- Maintaining time reporting for management and non-management using ADP ez-Labor Time Reporting
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, sorting and internal delivery
- Manage general office supplies, kitchen supplies, coffee vendor services, water cooler vendors, stock meeting room fridges, ordering of business cards and the like
- Maintain and produce reports for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis using various resources, such as Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Interact with KRP Properties (landlord) regarding security, cleaning, ordering of access cards and general internal maintenance. Maintain spreadsheet tracking access cards records
- Process invoices and track in a log report (Excel)
- Create or change vendor master records using Metastorm
- Maintain offsite storage log (Excel). Arrange for files to be sent offsite or retrieved
- Backup assistance to generate quotes for RMAs (Return Material Authorizations) using ExactMAX
- Back up assistance to Sales and Service Coordinators, as required
- Maintain customer information in ExactMAX and Great Plains
- Organize Stanley Black & Decker mandatory training with Wellnet or Stanley University, as recommended by Human Resources or Environmental Health & Safety contacts
- General reception duties including telephone coverage
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in office administration or related fields
- Minimum of 2-5 years previous experience in a senior administrative position
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills, along with excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Visio, with an aptitude to learn new platforms and other relevant applications
- A valid G driver’s license and vehicle are required as from time to time interaction with local suppliers and retailers is required
- Familiar with MS Project
- MRP (Material Resource Planning)
- Familiar with RMA processesREQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Self-starter, self-directed, proactive, able to work independently with guiding statements as opposed to detailed instruction
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow and coordinate and manage special projects
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills displaying good judgment and common sense
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player with a positive attitude
- Proven high ethical standards with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional, tactful and courteous
- Proven ability to deal effectively with all levels within the organization as well as external parties
Stanley Black & Decker Canada Corp. is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce, equity in employment and fostering a barrier-free environment. We strive to include perspectives from those that vary by race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability. If accommodation is required at any point in the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Recruitment Team.
Stanley Black & Decker Canada Corp. est un employeur équitable s’engageant à promouvoir l’inclusivité et la diversité de sa main-d’œuvre, l’équité en emploi et favoriser un environnement exempt de barrières. Nous faisons tout notre possible pour inclure et offrir des perspectives aux gens de toute race, nationalité, ethnicité, couleur, religion, âge, sexe, orientation sexuelle, identité de genre ou d’expression, statut matrimonial ou familial, caractéristiques génétiques ou incapacités. Si une accommodation est requise de quelque façon que ce soit au cours du processus d’embauche, merci de contacter un membre de l’équipe de recrutement.
Job Type: Full-time