WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. We are disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Software Development team works with modern technologies and is focused on building high-performance, scalable, frictionless and fault-tolerant solutions. Our always evolving unique platform design enables the delivery of groundbreaking services that provide new innovative insurance solutions directly to the end customer. We work within an agile development approach that allows for quick delivery and frequent releases on a variety of digital properties (web, mobile, wearables).
As an API Program Lead you will help deliver our industry disrupting public API Program. You will contribute to the API design and definition working closely with the architecture team and be responsible for the overall program delivery. This includes managing releases, coordinating support, defining and contributing to technical documentation and sample code. Slice’s clear, concise, reliable APIs will enable new industries to innovate in the Insurance space. This will enable protections to be embedded in a variety of platforms and systems. In addition it will facilitate the integration of signal sources including IOT devices to trigger system events and inform ongoing risk assessment algorithms.
YOU are passionate about software and have a can-do attitude. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of RESTful design concepts and considerations including a solid understanding of API versioning
- Experience designing and delivering public APIs
- Knowledge of Java and the Java ecosystem and popular frameworks including : Spring Framework, Spring configuration, Spring Boot, Liquibase
- Knowledge of API gateway technologies (e.g Kong, Express gateway)
- Good knowledge of user management, key management, authentication systems and related protocols (e.g. OAuth, SAML, LDAP)
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party Integrations (e.g. Stripe, Braintree, Oauth, SAML, GoogleAPIs)
- Knowledge of several of the key tools and technologies we work with (AMQP queues, Kafka, JWT, GIT, Jira, AWS, Graylog, JSON, Node.js)
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions
- A sound understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility
- Familiarity with several database technologies, including SQL and NoSQL type databases
- Strong communication skills enabling you to collaborate with business stakeholders to understand needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technical skills
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and clients to build, test and deploy new features and products
- 10+ years experience as a developer
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline or a relevant combination of education and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)