For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Business Intelligence Analyst
IT Business Services
Full time, permanent
New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Quebec or Ontario (Remote Work Options Available)
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, it’s the opportunity to have exposure to every signal facetin our organization. Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about,we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth
- If getting involved in charitable causes is something you’re passionate about, we support and offer plenty ofopportunities to give back
As Business Intelligence Analyst you will report to a Team Leader within our Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team and be a part of Medavie’s IT Business Services area. Leveraging your strong Microsoft BI Tools experience you will play a key role in the delivery of business intelligence solutions through collaboration with business and IT. You will support our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence through working closely with your business and IT peers.
- Successfully deliver report, data and dashboard solutions to Medavie’s internal and external partners through understanding our business initiatives and the proficient use of our Business Intelligence tooling.
- Ensure that Business Intelligence governance standards and best practices are followed in all deliverables within your responsibility, be a champion of these standards, and support our Business Intelligence strategies including business self-serve through each key delivery.
- Establish and maintain strong, productive working relationships and a proactive approach to meeting our Business Intelligence reporting, data and dashboard needs.
- Professional confident communicator with Data Warehouse and Microsoft BI tooling experience
- Possess strong thinking and technical skills with ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in Advanced SQL development and proficient in creating DAX and MDX queries, and the creation of reports, data sets, and dashboards using SSRS and Power BI.
- Proficient in developing, publishing, and scheduling using Microsoft BI tools.
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Excellent analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience successfully working in Business Intelligence Tools.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
A background in health and life insurance industry with the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of achievement.
High attention to detail, using logic and good judgment in decision making for when different situations and skills may call for different approaches
Possess strong communication skills (oral, written, listening) and deliver information clearly and confidently. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation
Builds rapport, constructive and effective relationships. Can understand where our clients are coming from and place the appropriate level of urgency as required.
Execution and Organizational Skills:
Prioritizes and effectively copes with change. Ability to organize work and information in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and reporting deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance in the pursuit of established goals.
Demonstrates an understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and takes the initiative to help with problem situations. Easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration and is composed. Seeks and is receptive to feedback and enjoys working with people both as part of a team and one-on-one.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Business Intelligence, Database, SQL, Data Warehouse, Technology