We are seeking a driven self starter, client service oriented and business-minded, engaging leader, who enjoys working with a team and wants to learn the ins-and-outs of management in a thriving industry! Reporting directly to the Area Vice President, the District Manager Trainee will be based out of the District Office in Burnaby, and will work at the office and at various client sites. The role will include job shadowing of District Managers and cross-training on various business portfolios.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates and addresses any actual or potential problems; negotiates client contracts; supports client start-ups.
- Carries out security planning, assessments, and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality customer service through regular contact with clients; evaluates service quality and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Analyzes operational and financial indicators to continuously improve Branch performance; ensures profitable operations with full profit and loss accountability.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, and develops high caliber staff in collaboration with Area management; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches' employees to enhance skills; carries out disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Develops and administers Branch budget in collaboration with Area management.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensures vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; ensures adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, etc.; maintains and submits payroll records and other required information.
- Ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews site reports to ensure post orders and client directions have been followed.
- Provides input to company, Region and Area initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
- Knowledge of business operations management and human resources.
- Knowledge of security operations, or desire to learn.
- Use of computer and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
- University degree and or 3 or more years of experience in business management.
If joining our management team sounds like the right fit for you, please click apply today!
- With or without reasonable accommodation, required the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in high pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Reading and analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.
Commensurate with experience, full benefits package.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Business Management: 3 years (required)
- Driving License (required)
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Securitas Canada's Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas Aviation's Mission:
Securitas Aviation ensures the safety of passengers all over the world providing thorough security checks at airports in Canada
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.