With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.
The Department of Physiology and Pharmacology is the largest basic medical science department within the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. Our Department has award-winning teachers who are committed to delivering high-quality and innovative education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. We have a strong focus on research excellence with faculty members recognized internationally for their achievements. A distinctive strength of our Department and disciplines is our comprehensive focus on biological processes from the cellular-molecular level to the integrative-systems level, and on the effects of drugs and environmental agents on these processes.
This position is expected to be filled internally by re-appointment.
The Administrative Assistant supports the administration of physical and electronic resources for the Faculty or Division or Department. The incumbent may be responsible for administering key requisitions, office assignments, room bookings, office furniture and moving, supply ordering, phone set up and changes, phone directory, internal mailing lists, mail and report distribution and website content maintenance. The Administrative Assistant also provides general information and front line support to visitors to the Faculty or Division or Department, responds to phone and e-mail inquiries and refers inquiries to other resources.
- Community College Diploma in an administrative field
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- 1 year of experience providing customer service in a business office setting
- Knowledge of general office procedures including records management systems
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Self-motivated multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and follow through on work assignments
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Customer service skills to understand customer needs and expectations, with a desire to deliver helpful and reliable service to the University community
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.