QSP Geographics Inc. (QSP) is a fast-growing geospatial technology company that provides a range of industry-leading solutions in disciplines that include GIS services, CAD drafting, survey, engineering, and asset management services. We presently have over 110 employees with offices in Toronto and Ottawa.
QSP is a proud subsidiary of Oakville Enterprises Corporation (OEC). With over 1,600 employees and offices across Canada, the OEC group of companies are driven to Lead, Innovate and Commit to Excellence while delivering reliable end-to-end energy and infrastructure solutions to clients across Canada and beyond.
Successful QSP employees:
- Are Customer-centric – they understand and embrace the role of delivering exemplary service
- Lead – they lead by example through their actions and attitudes
- Innovate – they look for opportunities to improve, do things differently, and add value for our customers and business
- Commit to Excellence - in all that they do
We promote a culture that is diverse, inclusive, innovative, and performance driven in an environment that is fun and exciting. Individuals who choose to be a part of our organization are offered:
- Potential to lead innovative projects and initiatives
- Career path exploration and development opportunities
- Opportunities to get involved with teams and charitable events that support the community
- Comprehensive total reward package
To support QSP’s growth, we are looking for CAD Drafter/Designers in London for remote, full time work. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) experience using 2D and/or 3D applications such as Bentley MicroStation (preferred) and/or Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience drafting as-built and construction drawings for utilities
- Field collection experience for the creation of as-built drawings and field sketches
- GIS experience with Esri products would be considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Teams would be considered an asset
- GPS field collection and/or survey experience using Total Station or similar survey grade equipment would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology (Civil) or equivalent knowledge
- Two (2) or more years industry experience
In addition to having:
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are highly regarded.
- A good understanding and command of the English language.
- Ability to work independently or part of a larger team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive rates
- A full comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 1 year (preferred)
- Civil Drafting: 1 year (preferred)