The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care services to complex care clients in seven homes throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a privately owned and operated assisted living and complex care provider that offers both subsidized and private pay care. TCG is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members.
Our Vision: To provide our residents with excellent care and quality of life.
Our Mission: To deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, community partners, and local health authorities.
Our Values: We believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal – a happy and healthy resident. We place the highest value on providing:
1. Respect for the individual and their rights
2. Quality of life and environment
3. Independence and choice
4. Collaboration with family and caregivers
5. Accountability and integrity
6. Development and support of great caregivers and team members
We are looking for a Director of Care to join our The Gardens at Qualicum Beach team in Qualicum Beach, B.C.
What is in for you?
For candidates who would like to relocate 3 months accommodation provided with no cost and $5000 relocation bonus
Beyond the perks that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider we offer
· Competitive salary
· Staff wellness programs
· Matched RRSP
· Paid days off
· Comprehensive benefit package including extended medical
· Opportunities for advanced learning and professional development
What does a Director of Care do?
· Manages all aspects of the care and services provided in our long-term-care home
· Lead the nursing and care teams in delivering excellent care to our Residents
· Organize, facilitate and lead resident care conferences and medication reviews
· Facilitate and promote and interdisciplinary approach within the home.
· Coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers
· Manage the Drug Administration, Infection Control and Health and Safety programs in the home.
· Work with the Contract staffing agency regarding hiring, orientation, scheduling and supervision of employees
· Liaise with community partners, Facility Licensing and the Health Authority
· Participate in goal setting for the facility and develop action plans
· Manages other day to day aspects of the facility in the absence of the General Manager
· Maintain a safe and warm living environment for the residents
· RN, registered and in good standing with BCCNP
· Bachelor’s in nursing or equivalent combination of experience and education
· Current CPR/First Aid
· Proven leadership and communication skills
· Computer competent in Microsoft Office and Point Click Care
Retirement Living in The Gardens at Qualicum Beach includes independent, assisted living and residential care. The Gardens at Qualicum Beach is retirement living the picturesque beauty of Qualicum Beach, surrounded by colourful gardens, a lagoon and in the heart of town with shopping, golfing, dining and beaches nearby. As a premier residence, we provide three levels of care for seniors of all walks of life, from independent living to complex care. We are dedicated to our “resident-focused” philosophy and we strive to make you feel at home. With our personalized care and support, we have created a loving a caring environment for all who enter through our doors.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)