Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with training and experience in a psychiatric setting? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Inpatient Psychiatry Unit at Royal Columbia Hospital.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Providing and coordinating the delivery of psychiatric nursing care services to patients
- Demonstrating nursing expertise and providing clinical leadership in evidence based practices through direct care activities
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional team in the provision of person-centered and recovery oriented care
- Actively participating in and supporting the total therapeutic program of the Unit
- Writing timely and accurate reports of relevant assessments and observations
- Communicating and consulting with members of the healthcare team about patient care; setting priorities, assigning and delegating tasks to support staff
- Graduated from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- May require completion of substance use certificate program.
This role is a casual position located at Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) in New Westminster, BC. RCH is a provincial referral hospital (tertiary/trauma care centre) with 422 acute beds that is a University of BC Affiliated teaching hospital. RCH is located ½ hour from downtown Vancouver, and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.