Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Post-Harvest Manager, this position is responsible for the trimming (manicuring) of medical grade cannabis at Canopy Growth’s Bowmanville Campus. The successful candidate must be organized and have an eye for detail.
- Hand trim or machine trim product to prepare it for the next stage of processing
- Conduct quality control inspections of final trimmed product
- Perform MJ Freeway software transactions
- Transfer plants to appropriate location
- Create batches and waste packages
- Record and maintain weights for pay for performance spreadsheet
- Apply labels to individual pots, lifting up to 50lbs
- Operating and maintaining equipment as per SOPs
- Data entry (Google Docs, Email, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized work station
- Ensure the washbay remains organized and all equipment is cleaned in a timely manner so that flow is not interrupted
- Clean grow rooms and dry rooms using a respirator as required in accordance with SOPs
- Clean and record equipment/product in the appropriate logs
- Run product through machines as prioritized by management
- Inspection of other departments as required
- Required to work a variable of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Background
- Solid manual dexterity using scissors, snips and sheers
- Ability to stay organized and follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of product
- Willingness to perform varied tasks as required
- Experience in a similar setting / willingness to work in a loud, confined space
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Comfortable with computers and data entry
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous MMAR experience considered an asset
This is a full- time position based out of Bowmanville, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.