How to apply
If you are interested in a position that will be a contributing part of something very new and exciting, please directly apply on our career page (https://silverhillsbakery.ca/careers/). This role will close June 21, 2019.
Silver Hills started in 1989 with a mission to Empower, Educate, and Inspire People to Live Healthier Lives. We believe investing in your health is the greatest gift you can give someone because when you are healthy, you will have more to share.
Joining our family means being part of a quickly growing community that is truly committed to delivering healthy, great tasting products that are made with care. The Silver Hills team gives you the opportunity to grow and contribute to a healthy and sustainable vision. If you are excited by the idea of sharing your passion for healthy and delicious food with like-minded individuals and bringing great tasting products to consumers across North America and beyond, we want to hear from you!
Silver Hills, manufacturer and marketer of Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery, Little Northern Bakehouse, and One Degree Organic Foods is looking for an Accountant to join the team.
Who are we looking for...
We are looking for an Accountant to join our Finance team! Our Accountant will be working with various business units from Sales to Operations providing financial information to management by analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
You will thrive in this role if you are an eager and driven individual who demonstrated progression and initiative in your previous roles. One of the key challenges is consistently meeting deadlines while maintaining a focus for detail in a fast-paced food production environment. As we continue to grow and evolve, an understanding of the big picture will be just as important. You will have an excellent opportunity to gain progressive accounting experience in various areas of the business and grow your career together with the company!
Here is who you are…
Drive & Motivation
- You are a business-minded self-starter who enjoys crunching numbers
- You are passionate about healthy living and values which align with Silver Hills
- You want to join a company that is crushing it in the food industry
- You want to progress and do what it takes to learn the business and acquire new skills
Character & Abilities
- You are an analytical and technical thinker who can think outside the box
- You take time to learn business operations and apply your accounting knowledge accordingly
- You are uber organized and have a keen eye for detail
- You are deadline-oriented and able to manage tasks without cracking under pressure
- You are an excellent communicator who can work independently or collaboratively in a team
Knowledge & Skills
- You have advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- You understand basic accounting principles
- You have 2-3+ years’ experience working in an accounting environment and/or related experience
- You have or are working towards a recognized accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- You have a Degree in Business or related discipline
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
Things you will do…
- Support our month-end process preparing financial statements, reconciliations and reports to aid financial decision making
- Prepare budget to actual reporting and variance analysis
- Support with capex reporting, P&L analysis, cost reports, KPI, cash, working capital, bank reports, etc.
- Aid in the management of the capital asset schedule
- Support various projects related to production planning, costing, A/R deductions, and inventory management
- May on occasion work at various times
- Valid DL
Why join us?
We offer our team members many benefits to help them achieve their goals and support our company culture:
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing and RRSP Matching
- Free delicious and healthy bread
- Fresh organic fruit delivered weekly
- Fitness incentive fund to help you thrive
- Friendly and supportive work environment and an ambitious team
- Discounts at our retail store with a great selection of healthy organic products
- Company social events focused around health, great tasting food and getting together as a team
How to apply
If you are interested in a position that will be a contributing part of something very new and exciting, please directly apply on our career page (https://silverhillsbakery.ca/careers/). This role will close June 21, 2019.Want to learn more about our mission and products? Please check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Silver Hills is an inclusive employer and a firm believer of equal opportunity! We will make sure to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. Therefore, we encourage all qualifying candidates to apply, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Job Type: Full-time