_Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) offers post-secondary certificates and diplomas alongside comprehensive, integrated secondary programming, all directly linked to current labour market needs. MITT gives students a competitive edge by providing the latest technology and training for careers in the areas of Health Care and Human Services, Information and Business Technology and Skilled Trades.
ASSOCIATE, PEOPLE SERVICES *Full-Time, 35 hrs/week
The Associate, People Services provides support to the People Services department and assists with the overall day-to-day People Services functions of the institution. The incumbent will work collaboratively with members of the People Services team to maintain effective administrative systems, procedures and practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support People Services Director, Manager, and Consultant with all transactional human resource functions and administrative support.
- Assist in the recruitment process that includes, but is not limited to, organizing and scheduling interviews, preparing interview packages, scheduling testing, interviews, itineraries for out-of-town travel and accommodations, collecting and distributing resumes to appropriate hiring manager, organizing and scheduling interviews and preparing interview packages.
- Prepare employment packages and ensure all required employment forms are on hand.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for People Services team.
- Submit reports, paperwork, and changes/additions to Payroll regarding pay and benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date employee personnel files including filing and archiving.
- Maintain and update databases, lists and tracking systems.
- Calculate vacation entitlements and track vacation usage, sick leaves and leaves of absences.
- Track and submit monthly expenses for the HR department.
- Assist with additional projects as needed.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software.
- General understanding of human resources functions and legal requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform a diverse range of clerical and administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build harmonious working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Exercise good judgment, act with tact and poise, and protect confidential information.
- Business Administrative Assistant certificate, or relevant post-secondary education with a minimum of two years related experience.
- Experience providing administrative support in a human resources environment.
Application deadline June 18, 2019.
For information on how to apply, visit: http://mitt.ca/jobs-at-mitt
Quote“2018-076” in the email subject line.
_MITT is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
This position requires the successful completion of a satisfactory criminal record check including vulnerable sector and child abuse registry check.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted._
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 2 years (Preferred)