Langdon Hall is one of 13 properties in Canada recognized by Relais & Châteaux for a standard of excellence. Only one hour from Toronto and 90 minutes from the Niagara area, Langdon Hall is a place for those who admire beautiful things and timeless experiences. The hotel offers 60 luxurious guest suites, a full-service spa, outdoor swimming pool, a Five-Diamond award-winning restaurant with elegant reception rooms, and gorgeous event rooms for weddings, conferences and special events. Surrounded by 75 acres of Carolinian Forest, Olmsted designed gardens, manicured lawns and cultivated displays of colour, Langdon Hall is a place where time seems to stand still.
We currently seek a highly motivated Full Time Front Desk Agent to join our dynamic team.
Providing rooms for guests with or without reservations is the chief task of a Hotel Front Desk Agent. This includes servicing same-day reservations as well as pre-registered guests. The Hotel Front Desk Agent will provide information about available rooms and rates, furnish room keys and hotel information, and process payments. These duties also include checking guests out of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive with a warm smile.
- Manage the registration process.
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately.
- Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls.
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms.
- Provide guests with room keys and call for porters.
- Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person.
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions.
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
- Compute bills and take payments.
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel.
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported.
- Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift.
- Perform the duties of the Guest Services Agent when required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Fast paced environment – must be able to work under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Physically fit, ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, walk, climb stairs, and reach from the waist or shoulder.
- Answers the phone and works on a computer for extended periods requiring concentration and listening skills as well as visual focus.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills in all aspects;
- Professional and appropriate business appearance and presentation;
- 1 year experience in a comparable position in a luxury hotel operation preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Front Office Division Operations;
- Excellent guest service and problem resolution skills;
- The flexibility to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation;
- The ability to work comprehensively with spreadsheets and Word documents.
Must have own transportation and be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Langdon Hall welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate your interest in Langdon Hall but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.40 to $17.05 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)