North Okanagan Hospice Society (NOHS) is seeking experienced casual Registered Nurses to join our dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
NOHS operates a 12-bed palliative care facility in Vernon, B.C. and is a contracted partner with the Interior Health Authority. NOHS was incorporated in 1984 as a charitable organization with the purpose of supporting those with a palliative diagnosis, their loved ones and the bereaved.
The Registered Nurse leads the interdisciplinary team in providing quality hospice palliative care to clients and loved ones. Care will be provided in a gentle and reflective manner that seeks to relieve suffering and promotes quality of life.
Union: BCNU Collective Agreement
Reports to: Care Team Leader
North Okanagan Hospice Society offers:
- Quality end-of-life care to the dying and their loved ones
- A team environment where caring, integrity, cooperation and humour are valued
- A workplace where individual contributions are appreciated
- Opportunities for continuous learning & professional development
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Availability to work 7 or 8 hour day, evening and night shifts
- Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties of the position
- Enthusiasm for learning and working in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients and families
- Ability to work independently and to act as a shift team lead
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Hospice palliative care training an asset
- Recent acute care and/or end-of-life care experience an asset
To learn more about NOHS, visit https://nohs.ca
Closing date for applications is 4:00 PM (PST) on Friday, July 9, 2021
Send your resume, cover letter, CRNBC registration and a short description of your philosophy of care for those facing the end of life.
Applications will be accepted by email only to:
Leslie Murphy, Care Team Leader
North Okanagan Hospice Society
Reference ID: NOHS RN-06-2021
Application deadline: 2021-07-09
Expected start date: 2021-07-20
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $32.04-$42.41 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All COVID safety protocols are in place as per directives from the Interior Health Authority.
- Are you available to work 7 or 8 hour day, evening and night shifts?
- Are you currently registered with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)