Would you like to help rid Vancouver of flat, headless, warm pints that should be served cold and fresh?
Would you like to help our clients in their quest for Better Beer?
BetterBeer.com helps restaurants and bars improve their draught beer quality, profitability, and sales.
Does This Describe You?
- You have a current job that makes you happy BUTyou want some extra spending money.
- You are interested in continually learning about beer and draught systems.
- You work well without supervision.
- You have about 3-4 hours a month of free time
- You have a car.
Welcome to the gig economy.
We’re looking for one very part-time BetterBeer.com Consultant to help our clients in the Vancouver area improve their draught beer quality.
Once a month you will be required to audit our client’s draught beer systems. An audit takes about 30 minutes to execute. You can do the audits seven days a week, but not during the restaurant’s busy time (i.e.: Friday noon-2pm or Friday 6-9pm).
- Get your audits completed properly and on time each month (between the 1st and 24th of each month).
- Complete monthly continuing education.
- Use our internal communication tool (Slack).
We will work with the successful applicant to teach you about draught beer systems, how they impact draught quality, and how to execute an audit. Then, we'll spend a full day working with you to help you get the hang of things. We will pay you $250 for all of the training – watching our online training videos, reading manuals, and training audits.
Each month you will receive $30 for each completed audit, $10 for additional training, and another $50 for gas. ($150 a month based on current workload: about 3-4 hours a month).
Please read this part carefully,and only apply if you meet the requirements. You must have the following:
- Past FULL-SERVICE restaurant/ bar serving or bartending experience (cannot currently be working in the industry). Those with bartending and commercial draught system experience will be preferred.
- ~4 hours of availability each month.
- A car and driver's licence
- An understanding of the internet and computers. You don’t need to know how to code html, but knowing how to use a tablet is a must. Audits are completed on a tablet/iPad (you provide) and you need to be comfortable navigating, updating, and problem-solving it.
- Have a smartphone that you can tether to your iPad or tablet.
- A personality that allows you to coach and connect with young bartenders just as easily as the owner of a multi-million dollar restaurant.
- Sales experience in the hospitality industry is a bonus, but not mandatory.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual, Freelance
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Full-Service Serving/Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)