The Produce Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the operations of the produce department.
- Provide superior customer service and deal with customers complaints or concerns
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention
- Ensure company policies are consistently adhered to and upheld by all employees
- Plan, order, and process produce products according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Be committed to maintaining merchandising and operational standards
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and will ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays
- Ensure produce is presented to achieve maximum sales/ profits and follow correct stock rotation
- Be accountable for departmental financial objectives
- Receiving all incoming products and inspect the items for freshness and quality and reconcile products received with packing slips, purchase orders, invoices, claim forms, etc.
- Schedule staff and verify attendance and payroll records
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures
- Minimize out-of-stock and overstock to ensure fresh merchandise
- Oversee the readiness of the department, the quality of the product for sale, the appearance of the counters, the appearance of staff and the cleanliness of retail areas at all times
- Determine Produce Department areas for improvement and institute changes to address concerns
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Must have 1-3 years Produce experience
- Must be able to lead support and contribute to team goals.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Must be good with Microsoft Office.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Produce: 2 years (Preferred)