Western Canoe and Kayak Inc. is Western Canada's Premier Paddle Sports Retailer and the Manufacturing home of Clipper Canoes.
Western Canoe and Kayak is searching for a Web Assistant to join our team at the retail/manufacturing/distribution center in Abbotsford BC for a contract position from ASAP until August 1st, 2020 for approximately 32-40 hours a week.
We need an ambitious and hardworking professional who prides themselves on accuracy, attention to detail, and can deliver the required results in a timely and efficient manner. This position will be working with our Website Administrator / Sr Management Team and has the potential to extend into subsequent work following the term of the contract.
- Tracking web analytics
- Assist with the creation of content for WCK website
- Create graphics and resize images for website content and potentially for ads and e-blasts
- Assist in testing and collecting notes and feedback on database redesign
- Maintain and modify website with help of various tools such as HTML
- Maintain and update databases and include appropriate information from all departments
- Complete other duties, as assigned by the senior management team.
- Current University or College student in related field
- New grads welcome, no previous professional experience required
- Previous work in Website maintenance preferred but not required
- Some experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of, and experience with HTML coding preferred but not necessary
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Some experience with Photoshop or comparable design software
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 /hour
- Web Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)