Shift - Friday/Saturday/Sunday
7:00 pm to 7:00 am
Position Description Summary
Reporting to the Site Manager and/or Operations Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective operation of all assigned shift, warehouse activities including picking, shipping and receiving.
- Ensures inventory integrity by timely and accurate receiving, picking, shipping, and inventory management.
- Executes daily customer/vendor contract requirement and identify accessorial activity and ensures necessary documentation.
- Provides professional environment with relation to external customers such as drivers, dispatchers, customer representatives.
- Establishes, maintains and promotes high standards of customer service
- Organizes and leads the focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that first stresses effectiveness by improving processes and secondly stresses efficiency of the associates' work.
- Ensures the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and cared for (i.e. MHE, scanners, printers, PC)
- Communicates and implements change as directed.
- Ensures Health and Safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Provides leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Supervision of all staff under your direct or indirect control.
- Ensures all resources are utilized efficiently.
- Continuously monitors the performance and activities of the shift operations through the use of KPI's, with a primary focus on cost controls.
- Ensures company policies are communicated, applied and enforced (i.e. operational, safety, regulatory and administrative).
- Plans, manages, adjusts the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned overtime.
- Maximizes quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function; evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action.
- Participates in the completion of workshop action plans, projects and best practices sharing /implementation.
- Collaborates with other sites to share in safety, processes and best practices initiatives.
- Administration duties as required to ensure daily KPI performance is achieved.
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-Secondary education preferred
- 1 - 2 years in a supervisory role
- Union experience an asset
- Conflict Management skills are essential
- Ability to excel working in an extremely fast paced environment
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to work in a team environment are essential
- Excellent knowledge of general warehousing processes
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in warehousing, logistics services.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual back-grounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Accommodation and Commitment to Equity
Schenker of Canada is proudly committed to ensuring equitable hiring practices and believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit. Schenker of Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform either the recruiter or the hiring manager of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.