The IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is an established and progressive charitable corporation providing accommodation and support services to seniors through a multi-facility continuum of care which includes a long term care home, supportive housing and life-lease housing.
The IOOF is a caring and supportive organization that values its employees. We strive to provide an environment where hard work is acknowledged, appreciated and recognized.
- Grade ten or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures considered an asset;
- Basic knowledge of facility housekeeping procedures considered an asset;
- Basic knowledge of on premise laundry operations, washers, dryers, large ironer and marking machine and laundry procedures for sorting the linens according to soil, fabric type and finish required considered an asset;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Self-motivated, organized and conscientious
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodations in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards).
If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability, please let us know.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.95 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Long Term Care Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)