Fisher Wavy Inc. is looking for dedicated and hard-working concrete batchers to join our experienced team in Sault Ste. Marie. Being the leading supplier of Ready-Mix Concrete in Northern Ontario, we require quality employees to provide quality products. We offer a competitive salary and a benefits package.
This is a union position (Local 793 Operating Engineers). It is full-time and weekends when necessary.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment
· Take direction and communicate verbally, working as a team player
· Dispatch/load trucks according to jobs and specifications
· Keep track of inventory and order material when necessary
- Civil technician/technologist diploma/certificate is an asset.
- Experience working with concrete is an asset.
- Experience working in batch & command series is an asset.
- Valid G license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to adapt to last-minute changes as dictated by the needs of our business
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
· Ability to work in a noisy, dusty and dirty environment
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft office – word, excel and outlook)
PERKS & BENEFITS
· Extended health benefits, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
· Company events
· Competitive salary
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability