Want to be part of a dynamic team!
Our Linen Services Division has been providing industry leading cost-effective linen services with a focus on patient care to its member hospitals since 1972.
Servicing our healthcare customers requires highly responsive customer service, and reactive processing capabilities.
Linen Services depends on the ability to execute to high standards and to follow strict infection control guidelines. Our state-of-the-art automated health care laundry facility processes 30 million pounds of linen per year, all the while operating with superior health and safety regulations. Operating on a just-in-time model, our linen services division offers a full range of health care linen processed in accordance with all health care guidelines, including CSA compliant surgical linens, as well as a number of unique and customized product lines.
Currently our Linen Services Division is recruiting Temporary Full-Time General Linen Workers (June to the end of September)
Summary of Position:
Working within all areas of the general plant, the General Linen Worker will be responsible for tasks as assigned in conjunction with the processing of Mohawk Medbuy Linen Services products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to work in all areas of the general plant and perform the tasks as assigned.
- Inspects and reports any damaged equipment and supplies immediately.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs all work in a safe and proper manner in accordance with legislative requirements/codes/regulations/external and internal standards.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required in performing functional duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Conditions and Environment:
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling some heavy loads/push pull forces
- Noisy and some areas may have odors
- Non Air-Conditioned Facility
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Some High School education
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Written and oral English communication skills
- Good attendance record
- Positive attitude and committed to Mohawk Medbuy Corporation Values.
Hours of Work:
· Open 363 days of the year (traditionally closed Christmas and New Year’s Day)
Employees will be required to work either straight “Day,” straight “Afternoon” or straight “Night” Shifts. Please specify which shift you are interested in.
· Days Shift – 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
· Afternoon Shift – 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
· Night Shift – 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
· Weekends Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Mohawk Medbuy Corporation is a HOOPP employer offering competitive wages starting at $18.02 per hour plus 11.5% in lieu of benefits upon completion of probationary period totaling $20.13 per hour.
- Plus weekend shift premium of $0.75, Afternoon Shift $0.60 and Night Shift $0.80.
- Uniforms and personal protective equipment are provided including $120.00 reimbursement for CSA approved safety shoes upon completion of probationary period.
- Training is also provided
Qualified candidates with a desire to join our innovative team are invited to submit their resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required. Mohawk Medbuy is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Reference ID: MMCGLW
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary