We currently have an opening for a Human Resources Consultant at Tornado Global Hydrovacs(NA) Inc., the leader in the continuing evolution and manufacturing of Hydrovac Trucks and trailer mounted Hydrovac units.
The Candidate for this role will be responsible for providing advice, guidance, and consultation to leaders and employees on Human Resource (HR) matters, as well as researching and making recommendations to HR practices and processes and implementing HR initiatives and programs. The position will be filled in the capacity of a Part Time position or on a Contract basis.
- Supporting the development of recruitment advertising strategies for a variety of roles
- Support and mentor site management and staff in employee engagement programs, HR policy and operational standards, employee and labour relations, workforce planning, and HR
- Develop best practices, resources, and training to support hiring managers and supervisors through the hiring process
- Provide guidance to supervisors and managers regarding employee relations issues such as disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans and terminations
- Act as a first point of contact in Human Resources to address HR related questions and concerns from employees and supervisors;
- Provides compensation function support in job description preparation, salary administration, annual merit cycle and performance reviews.
- Provides recommendations and contributes to the development, implementation and support of internal policies, guidelines and processes to reinforce the company philosophy and increase employee engagement.
- This role will require travel to our Stettler Location, if not residing locally.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Practical knowledge of local employment standards and human rights legislation
- Professional, positive attitude and demonstrate the ability to work with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management and employees,
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with workplace legislation (Workers’ Compensation Act, Employment Standards, Human Rights Code)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a remote team as well as independently
- Experience working with offsite management and staff preferred
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- 2-4 years of experience in a Human Resources consultant capacity preferred
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
For more information about our company and what we do, check out our website at: www.tghl.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)