Casual part time position
The Dialysis Assistant assists in performing a variety of routine functions related to the provision of hemodialysis, following infection control and department policies and procedures.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of dialysis machines and the inner working of supporting a dialysis unit, required.
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Healthcare experience in an acute care environment.
- Well-developed keyboarding/ computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 50-60 wpm and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate or willing to obtain within three months of hire.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- This position is represented by OPSEU
- May be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health