Eminence Organic Skin Care
Human Resources Specialist
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
Closing Date for applications: * Sunday, May 26th, 2019 at 9pm PST*
*Update on Friday, June 21st, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Futureinitiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as “Favorite Skin Care Line” and “Favorite Product Education”, both for ten years in a row, as well as “Favorite All-Natural Line” for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The HR Specialist works in partnership with a second HR Specialist to provide training and ongoing support in Recruiting and Human Resources to Hiring Managers in the Vancouver Central Office and to the Outside Sales Team.
The HR Specialist will provide subject matter expertise and support to the Outside Sales Team to assist the Outside Sales Managers (OSMs) and Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs) to recruit and develop their teams across North America. The Outside Sales team is comprised of Independent Contractors across the United States and Canada. These Outside Sales Representatives (OSRs) hire sub-contracted Representatives within their sales territories to help deliver extraordinary Customer Service to Eminence Spa Partners.
The HR Specialist will also partner with Hiring Managers at the Vancouver Central Office to support all company-wide recruiting efforts, and will also, as a member of the Human Resources & Organization Development Team, provide general HR support as required.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
Reports to the Human Resources & Organization Development Manager and works closely with the Human Resources & Organization Development Team. Works in collaboration with local Hiring Managers, the Customer Education Team and liaises regularly with the Outside Sales Team Managers at the Vancouver Central Office. Partners directly with the OSRs to help hire sub-contracted representatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Central Office Recruiting Support:
- Partner with Hiring Managers to post, screen, interview and hire candidates within hiring timelines
- Train & coach Hiring Managers on Eminence recruiting best practices
- Post and maintain job opportunities (track and communicate deadlines, ensure that applicants receive responses)
- Create position-specific interview templates
- Maintain library of job descriptions for all positions
- Maintain recruiting statistics and reporting
- Conduct telephone screening for open positions
- Participate in in-person interviews with Hiring Managers
- Problem-solve recruiting challenges for difficult positions
- Conduct Reference Checks as needed
- Support the OSRs in the recruitment of Sub-Contracted Representatives:
- Partner with the OSRs to define job needs and develop job descriptions for new Sub-Contracted Representatives (SCRs)
- Provide training and guidance on Eminence’s recruiting best practices
- Develop and apply territory-specific posting tactics to attract candidates for each new role
- Develop territory-specific and job-specific contractor payment structures, calculators and guidelines to provide payment structure recommendations for each new role
- Collaborate with the Outside Sales Managers and the Senior Customer & Sales Analyst to, where possible, incorporate contractor payment structures into monthly reports to OSRs
- Provide support and guidance as necessary throughout the interview process
- Partner with the Customer Education team to coordinate and evaluate pre-hire reports after the candidates shadow Eminence Skin Care Trainers
- Assist OSRs in checking references
- Partner in the creation and maintenance of Contracts including non-disclosure, confidentiality, and non-compete sections consistent with territory-specific regulations and each OSR’s requirements
- Partner with the OSRs to determine role specific requirements for Orientation and Training
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation activities to ensure that all sub-contracted representatives have Eminence Organics brand knowledge to deliver extraordinary Customer Service to Eminence Organics Spa Partners
- Work with the Outside Sales Managers and Customer Education Team to implement ongoing developmental training/testing of the SCRs
- Provide guidance and training to help OSRs develop their SCRs using Eminence best practices in:
- 1:1 meetings
- Performance Feedback and coaching (provide growth producing feedback)
- Setting goals and objectives
- Implement and support the ongoing use of Situational Leadership principles within the teams
- Performance reviews
- Partner with OSMs to provide support and guidance for Eminence best practices in dealing with performance management issues with OSRs
- Provide guidance and processes to OSRs to coordinate the implementation of the departure checklist to ensure a successful transition including announcements, technology, materials and overall exit administration
- Conduct exit interviews and take action as required
Company-wide Human Resources Support
As key members of the HR & OD Team, the HR Specialists will perform a variety of HR roles throughout the company including:
- Create and amend Contracts
- Assist to maintain employee records
- Assist to maintain & distribute all HR standard materials and documents (forms, policies, Handbook, Intranet)
- Collaborate on process improvements
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Annual Business Conference:
- Assist in preparation for the Eminence Annual Business Conference (annual 4-day Learning event)
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the conference
- Attend full conference (the dates for 2019 are July 19th-21st)
- Coordinate post-conference activities in support of Outside Sales territories
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative, productive working relationships to demonstrate our core values and contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively with an off-site/remote workforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion and to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high pressure, multiple-deadline environment, and to work well with minimal supervision and with many styles of direct leadership
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong Customer service focus
- 1-2 years of experience in full-cycle recruitment, training, new employee orientations, onboarding and offboarding
- 3-4 years of increasing levels of broad (generalist) HR experience with demonstrated experience in all aspects of job description
- 1-2 years leadership experience (preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in leading and participating in job evaluations, job description development and all aspects of performance development
- Proven experience in Contract Employment standards and regulations and their application in the workplace with Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Proven ability to investigate, interpret and apply Employment and Contract regulations to territories across the United States and Canada
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook mail, tasks, and calendar-management capabilities
- Experience in payroll processing an asset
- Experience in working with an outside team an asset
- Experience in conducting training an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Full Cycle Recruitment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)