Full Time Controller
Valley Credit Union, Nova Scotia, is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 62 employees, and over $280 Million in assets. Located within the Beautiful Annapolis Valley.
Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for a Controller. This position will be based out of Valley Credit Union’s Head Office located 5682 Hwy. 1 Waterville N.S.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day accounting and payables functions at Valley Credit Union.
Reporting to the VP Finance, as a member of our Finance team, the Controller will provide a full range of accounting services to support our operations within the Annapolis Valley, from Hantsport to Bridgetown.
Key Responsibilities (the position):
- Responsible for preparing all monthly financial reports including variance analysis.
- Responsible for preparing annual Consolidated Financial Statements and assisting in the annual audit process.
- Complete and deliver all regulatory reports as required throughout the year.
- Establish and maintain controls over financial reporting to ensure complete segregation of duties and appropriate review.
- Manage and support the in-house payables department to ensure completeness and accuracy of all vendor payments and requirements.
- Update and manage monthly internal reports and prepare commentary for discussion with all branches and other stakeholders.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan and up to 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all persons regardless of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or expression, will be considered, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining a team that believes in going the extra mile! Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at quoting job number VCU-01-2023-C
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Minas, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
- Leadership: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person