Scarborough Ontario Health Team (S-OHT) is a network of over thirty partner organizations with a history of collaboration providing health and community services across the continuum of care for the diverse community of patients and families in Scarborough. Our OHT’s attributed population of almost 900,000 is the largest in the province. S-OHT is working together with the Scarborough Family Physicians Network (SFPN) and our Client and Family Advisory Committee to co-design practical solutions to providing care.
During COVID-19, our partners have implemented many coordinated programs across different sectors leveraging our initial joint success with community-based flu vaccine clinics. The S-OHT Collaborative Community Strategy for COVID-19 was created in October 2020 and continues to guide our work in an area with one of the highest COVID-19 burdens in the province. We are building on these collaborative efforts in the coming months with a focus on providing integrated services for frail seniors living with mental health and/or addictions issues and multiple chronic conditions, as well as caregivers for this population as we work to reduce health and social inequity to achieve improved population health.
Scarborough is a vibrant and diverse community. While we face some hard challenges when it comes to social determinants of health, access to proper care and health literacy, we also have the passion, drive and determination to meet these challenges head on. Working together with our partners, we are setting the course to deliver better care and services for all the residents of Scarborough.
Building on our long history of collaboration, together, we can and will transform how care is provided for the people of Scarborough. As a united partnership, we are embarking on an ambitious path to build the Scarborough Ontario Health Team.
Scarborough Ontario Health Team - Vision and Values :
Vision - People will have optimal health and positive experiences through an accessible, equitable and integrated team, system of care, services and supports.
Values - Values of the S-OHT include the following and lead to EPIC CARE:
- Equity – Create fair opportunities for people to attain their optimal health by advancing collaborative strategies to address the disadvantages impeding the achievement of their full potential.
- Person-centered – Focused care on the needs of each person, ensuring that peoples’ preferences, needs and values guide service decisions, providing care, services and supports that is respectful of and responsive to them.
- Innovation – Maintain focus on new ideas and processes that always add value for the people we serve, our community and service providers.
- Compassion – Provide care, services and support with empathy, kindness and compassion. We will listen to people’s stories, keep them informed of what they can expect, and share in their joys and sorrows.
- Collaboration – We embrace collaboration as a cooperative and inclusive process of working together that nurtures trust, broadly engages one another, shares information and power, and draws on collective expertise to work through change and towards shared goals.
- Accountability – We are jointly accountable for the delivery of innovative, cost- effective care, services and supports.
- Respect – We treat everyone equally with transparency and integrity to earn their trust.
Excellence – Excellence is the goal of everyone involved in our Ontario Health Team. We provide high quality, evidence-based care, services and supports.
Working on behalf of the Scarborough Ontario Health Team (S-OHT), Scarborough Health Network (SHN) invites you to apply to the Director, Scarborough Ontario Health Team position. This position is a temporary full-time contract for 15 months with the possibility of renewal.
This position will play a key role in the exciting transformation of health care delivery in Scarborough. The Administrative Assistant, will work closely with the Director and Manager of the Scarborough Ontario Health Team to engage a wide range of stakeholders that will result in the delivery of integrated and seamless care to patients across the Scarborough community.
Reporting Relationships, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
Director, Scarborough OHT
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
- Office environment.
- Significant travel required within Scarborough and the GTA.
- Provides confidential senior executive support to the Director
- Provides strategic planning, project management and implementation support in the areas of quality improvement, clinical program evaluation, health informatics and organizational communications
- Draft position, options and strategy papers; develops implementation, training and various communications plans
- Responsible for all routine administrative details including filing, ordering supplies, record-keeping, required reporting, and maintaining updated contact lists
- Monitor and track financial expenditures of the SOHT
- Calendar management support to the Director and SOHT staff by scheduling appointments, avoiding time conflicts, and preparing advance meeting materials
- Provides research, business analysis and evaluation and provides information, advice and recommendations to decision-makers
- Assists in the development of reports and presentations
- Supports regular communication with a wide variety of SOHT partners and members, including but not limited to: group email announcements, workshop planning and registrations, newsletter publication, and coordinating updates to the Scarborough Health Team website.
- Act as the point of contact for general inquiries about the Scarborough Health Team and make referrals appropriately. This could include phone, email, or website questions.
- Attend meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide planning and preparation support for large group activities (virtual and in-person, if possible)
- Monitor and make recommendations on strategies to improve efficiencies in SHOT office practices
- A minimum of 3-5 years of office administration experience in a health or human service setting.
- Post-secondary degree in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Office Administration or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills including Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, ZOOM).
- Knowledge of various software and design programs is a definite asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and strong ability to work independently and proactively anticipate needs of work that needs to be done
- Project management and event management experience is a strong asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability provide administrative support to multiple projects and stakeholders while constantly adjusting priorities
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders, including patients, front-line healthcare providers, community agencies, and healthcare administrators
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Previous working experience in an emerging/start-up organization is an asset
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Strong understanding and adherence to confidentiality
- Highly organized
- Ability to adjust to short term change and act with urgency.
- Ability to support multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrates sound judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, notably Microsoft Office
- Ability to foster positive and respectful internal and external relationships/partnerships.
S-OHT embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. S-OHT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.