Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
This position will play a key role in the exciting transformation of health care delivery in Scarborough. The Administrative Assistant, will work closely with the Director and Manager of the Scarborough Ontario Health Team to engage a wide range of stakeholders that will result in the delivery of integrated and seamless care to patients across the Scarborough community.
Reporting Relationships, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
Director, Scarborough OHT
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
- Office environment.
- Significant travel required within Scarborough and the GTA.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Provides confidential senior executive support to the Director
- Provides strategic planning, project management and implementation support in the areas of quality improvement, clinical program evaluation, health informatics and organizational communications
- Draft position, options and strategy papers; develops implementation, training and various communications plans
- Responsible for all routine administrative details including filing, ordering supplies, record-keeping, required reporting, and maintaining updated contact lists
- Monitor and track financial expenditures of the SOHT
- Calendar management support to the Director and SOHT staff by scheduling appointments, avoiding time conflicts, and preparing advance meeting materials
- Provides research, business analysis and evaluation and provides information, advice and recommendations to decision-makers
- Assists in the development of reports and presentations
- Supports regular communication with a wide variety of SOHT partners and members, including but not limited to: group email announcements, workshop planning and registrations, newsletter publication, and coordinating updates to the Scarborough Health Team website.
- Act as the point of contact for general inquiries about the Scarborough Health Team and make referrals appropriately. This could include phone, email, or website questions.
- Attend meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide planning and preparation support for large group activities (virtual and in-person, if possible)
- Monitor and make recommendations on strategies to improve efficiencies in SOHT office practices
- A minimum of 3-5 years of office administration experience in a health or human service setting.
- Post-secondary degree in one of the following: Communications, Business Administration, Office Administration or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills including Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, ZOOM).
- Knowledge of various software and design programs is a definite asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and strong ability to work independently and proactively anticipate needs of work that needs to be done
- Project management and event management experience is a strong asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability provide administrative support to multiple projects and stakeholders while constantly adjusting priorities
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders, including patients, front-line healthcare providers, community agencies, and healthcare administrators
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Previous working experience in an emerging/start-up organization is an asset
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Strong understanding and adherence to confidentiality
- Highly organized
- Ability to adjust to short term change and act with urgency.
- Ability to support multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrates sound judgement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, notably Microsoft Office
- Ability to foster positive and respectful internal and external relationships/partnerships.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers