Labourers shall assist with the day to day operations of Willowlee Sod Farms in relation to the manufacturing, harvesting, sale and installation of sod, seed and hydroseed as the business dictates. Labourers will also be responsible for the upkeep and general cleanliness of all equipment vehicles and tools used in day to day activities. Labourers must represent themselves and the company in a professional manor.
Duties and Responsibilities
Labourers’ duties shall include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of job sites
- Installation of sod / seed / fertilizer
- Clean up and general jobsite tidiness
- Upkeep and cleanliness of tools and crew truck
- Supporting Willowlee winter operations
- General farm and office maintenance
- Showing up to work prepared and on time
- Acting as a member of a team to complete tasks
- Other duties as assigned
While labourers at Willowlee Sod Farms will be primarily focused on installation of product, they may be asked to branch out to support the business as required. Training will be provided for any tasks that fall outside of the normal scope of work or into areas the employee may be unfamiliar with
- Valid G License or equivalent
- Hold a in good standing a clean drivers abstract
- Own PPE (Safety Boots)
- Ability to lift 60lbs
The Work Environment at Willowlee Sod Farms is a fast paced ever changing environment. Employees are required to work outside for extended periods of time in varying types of weather to support our customers' needs and the needs of the business.
Willowlee Employees must be able to start early and lift up to 60lbs frequently throughout the course of the day. The Job requires a combination of standing and kneeling as well as repetitious lifting and turning. The ability to think critically and problem solve is crucial to the success of all employees at Willowlee Sod Farms.
Job Type: Full-time
- landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)