Job Number: 82151
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 18.75
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 24.9956 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 25.5057
Post Date: Jun 26, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jul 3, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Department of Diagnostic Services supports a high volume of diverse adult and pediatric patients and families, providing service within Radiology, CT Scan, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET, Ultrasound and Interventional. This department operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
The Booking Clerk is accountable to the Interventional Radiology Clinical Manager.
As a member of a Multidisciplinary Health Care team, the Booking Clerk is responsible
for booking all types of Diagnostic Services exams and procedures. The Booking Clerk mediates between patients and
families and physicians (both internal and community). The booking Clerk works directly with Radiologists, Technologists
and Nursing staff to facilitate the exam/procedure process.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Graduate of community college secretarial/medical office administration program or 2-3 years of recent relevant medical office experience
2. Previous experience in a Diagnostic Services environment
3. Demonstrated Medical Terminology related to Diagnostic Services
4. Demonstrated proficiency in registration and Community Wide Scheduling.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using computers, MS Windows, Outlook, Word
6. Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding and typing skills (minimum 40 wpm)
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other members of the healthcare team, both verbally and written
8. Understanding of privacy and confidentiality policies
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
10. Critical thinking skills with the ability to work independently
11. Minimum 1-year previous booking experience preferred
12. Meditech Magic and ITS experience preferred
13. Medical Terminology, computer and typing skills will be tested
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement