243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Junior Analyst – Workflow Modeling and Optimization (4-month Co-op/Intern)
A key part of success in pharmacy is providing the best patient care through our diverse offering of pharmacy products and professional services, through both traditional and digital channels. As part of the Pharmacy Workflow, Design & Optimization team, you will make a difference by contributing to the development of scheduling tools and other operational insights to help stores decide when and how they deploy labour to provide services and patient care effectively.
We are offering a 4-month position for a student or recent graduate.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Collect data on workflow and process through database queries and/or time studies
- Analyze store performance on key workflow metrics (e.g. processing times, lead times, quality)
- Create foundational data sets to improve visibility into store workflow (e.g. hourly demand and workload heatmaps)
- Devise and test scheduling models to promote effective deployment of labour to meet medication and service demand
- Provide input on design requirements for decision support tools (planning, BI, scheduling, sensitivity)
- Gather feedback from broader Pharmacy teams to understand nuances in business operations and stakeholder needs
- Prepare and present key findings
How You’ll Succeed:
- Working towards or recently completed a degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related field
- Strong working knowledge in Excel
- Experience modeling and querying data through SQL
- Self-driven curiosity
- Able to conceptualize and work with complex systems and models
- Attention to detail and methodical approach while working with large data sets
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Poste contractuel (Durée déterminée)
Type of Contract:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.