At Cardinal, time does matter and if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization with over 40 years in the transportation business, look no further. Cardinal is a fast-paced organization, offering pre-8am transportation solutions to our customers. Our unique night network with unattended pickups and deliveries sets us apart from our competitors. To learn more, visit us at www.cardinalcouriers.com.
We are searching for an experienced Customer Service Representative to join the Cardinal team.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, the CSR provides exceptional customer service and builds relationships with customers.
The CSR is responsible for responsible for responding to customer enquiries and requests by phone, email or online, monitor service delivery performance and proactively work with internal departments to resolve all service delivery issues and customer requests in a timely and professional manner. The CSR will ensure that the quality of service and professionalism delivered to our customers is impeccable. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based out of our head office in Mississauga, Ontario (6600 Goreway Drive). This is a 100% in-office position.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigate customer inquiries, perform traces, and communicate service delivery issues or delays to the customer as soon as possible.
- Work with other departments to resolve customer issues to ensure client satisfaction.
- Communicate with other departments such as Drivers, Terminals, and Sales to help resolve customer inquiries.
- Follow up on a daily basis with Over, Short & Damaged (OS&D).
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken within Courier Complete.
- Respond to and resolve traces in a timely manner.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 years minimum Customer Service experience required.
- Business to business Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in Transportation/Logistics is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and professionally always.
- Quick learner
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Cardinal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and committed to creating an inclusive environment. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
Cardinal is committed to providing a respectful, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities. We continuously look for ways to build a culture that is welcoming to all and embodies the principles of inclusion and equal opportunity.
Cardinal supports the realization of a Canada without Barriers by 2040. We are committed to fostering an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities by meeting the requirements of the ACA, its regulations, standards, and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility. We will achieve this by identifying, preventing, and removing barriers experienced by persons with disabilities who interact with our Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4V 1S6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have any transportation/logistics experience?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Call center: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person