What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their professional and personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL Express has an opening for a Warehouse Associate at our Richmond, BC location. You will support the business by accurately and efficiently managing shipments and packages in order to serve our customers’ needs to the best of our ability. Join us and help us achieve our mission of having the best day every day.
In this Warehouse Associate position, you will be responsible to
- Unload and/or load containers, trailers, and vehicles safely, correctly and efficiently
- Move freight within the warehouse area as per agreed safety procedures
- Participate in the organization and clean-up of the warehouse area
- Participate in maintaining a safe and co-operative work environment
- Scan freight as required
- Other warehouse duties as assigned
What is in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package including both Dental and Medical
- Employee Discounts and Perks
- Paid Vacation
Here is what we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70lbs. per piece, throughout shift.
- Comfortable working at heights and standing for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and on time within tight time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Note: The facility is not accessible via public transportation, applicants will need reliable transportation to and from the facility. This role includes variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Uniforms are supplied.
All applicants are required to pass interviews and a criminal background check in order to qualify for the position.
The Government of Canada recently announced that mandatory vaccination will soon be required for employees required to have a RAIC (Restricted Area Identity Card) pass or with access to the restricted area of an airport as part of their job function. These changes will be in effect as of October 30th, and therefore any employee applying to such positions must be able to produce proof of full vaccination. In addition DHL requires all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated as an employment prerequisite.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $20.01 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Do you have any family members working at DHL? If yes please indicate name and location.
- Are you currently working for an organization that provides logistics and shipping services? If yes please indicate company name.
- Are you fully vaccinated? Yes/No
- If you answered YES above (you are fully vaccinated), Are you able to provide proof of your vaccination by providing an original or copy of your Vaccination Card? Yes/No
- warehouse worker: 1 year (preferred)