Can Ridge Industries is a full-service transportation business located in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.
We are seeking a full-time Load Broker/Dispatcher to help us support our growing 3PL division and our asset based trucking division– the primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Locate available trucking equipment all over North America, obtain rates from carriers and negotiate pricing
- Administer the collection and update of carrier packages
- Use routing software to coordinate, manage and dispatch company drivers and for-hire carriers
- Assign tasks to drivers and assist them with the issues they experience as they drive to their destinations
- Manage secured loads from job securement to billing.
- Process and file all required paperwork related to dispatched loads
- Coordinate with custom brokers for planning and executing export loads
- Track and provide updates on the loading process for dispatched loads
- Identify additional opportunities for expanding the logistics division. (Priority will be given for candidates that can bring an existing book of contacts/work)
- Report any issues and irregularities to management
- Various other tasks as assigned
The Load Broker/Dispatcher will also be responsible for acting as the division safety coordinator to administer safety procedures as required while ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Relevant 3PL industry experience
- Valid Driver’s license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma (Post-secondary education an asset)
- Experience within an office environment
- Experience in national and international shipping processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and in high pressure situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset.
Required skills and abilities
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Target driven
- A self-starter capable of working with limited direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Compensation for this position is competitive and will commensurate with experience. Can Ridge Industries also provides benefits and support for employees to undertake professional development.
For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.canridge.com. Please submit your resume. We thank all those that apply, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time