Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis see our website at www.advocis.ca.
The eLearning Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the eLearning Manager with the on-going maintenance of Advocis’ eLearning platforms. This involves accurately and efficiently updating and maintaining the eLearning platform with system and course updates, content changes, and other modifications, as well as assisting with the successful implementation of new online courses. This is a 1 year contract position.
- Accurately and efficiently update and maintain course content changes.
- Maintain the eLearning platform with system updates, content changes and other required modifications.
- Provide support in the implementation and testing of new online courses.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance and open cases with LMS vendor as needed.
- Conduct course audits to ensure technical accuracy and ease of navigation.
- Responsible for second review of all content in each new program.
- Assist in the delivery of internal eLearning environment training and associated support.
- Generate quarterly reports on the course evaluations and question performance for each online learning program.
- Other duties as assigned by the eLearning Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in education/learning environments
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience participating in online learning projects and using LMS curriculum software (knowledge and/or experience with Desire2Learn is an asset)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as experience with HTML and CSS
- High degree of organization, self-motivation and accountability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to produce high quality, accurate work
- College or university diploma in adult education or equivalent is an asset
- Ability to read and write in French is an asset
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume no later than Friday March 1, 2019.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- in education/learning environments: 1 year (Required)