Who We Are
ATS Healthcare is a privately-held Canadian company that has been providing transportation services for over 25 years. Today, ATS Healthcare is focused on delivering the products Canadians require for improved health and well-being. Whether shipping to a hospital, medical facility, pharmacy or residence, our temperature-controlled transportation solutions ensure your time-definite shipments are delivered into the right hands.
Located in all major metropolitan cities across Canada, the ATS Healthcare family includes over 450 employees that each plays a critical role in our vision of building enduring relationships, by delivering integrated solutions with passion and innovation!
If you are an individual that is passionate, dedicated and thrives in team-oriented atmospheres, apply today!
Position: Lead Hand
Location: Laval, QC
Type of Employment: Full-Time – Monday to Friday 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
What to Expect
- Ensuring timely, damage-free loading/unloading of freight during shift using a forklift
- Lead and coordinate activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading trucks and in moving and storing materials or products
- Train new employees in job duties
- Stage freight in the correct order by area code
- Report any accidents to supervisors immediately
- Cube or re-weigh any skids received
- Ensure all work is performed according to company approved procedures, standards and specifications
- Provide a clean, safe environment for all personnel and visiting customers * Any additional duties as required
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 2 year’s experience in a warehouse environment and/or transportation industry
- Must have forklift license and minimum 6 months experience operating forklift
- Previous cross-dock experience in a lead hand role would be ideal
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully lead a team of warehouse associates
Benefits of Working for ATS
- Grow with us – an average tenure of an ATSer is 5 years and we like to promote from within! We look for ways to enhance careers.
- Want to further develop yourself? ATS provides tuition assistance to programs that are beneficial to your job with us.
- Our flexible benefits plans provide ATSers the ability to choose a benefits plan that works for their situation
ATS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from women, members of a visible minority, persons with a disability, and aboriginal persons.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please no calls.
*Successful applicants will be asked to complete a background check and provide references from a former employer(s).
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Transportation/Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 3 years (Preferred)
- Team Lead: 2 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)