Come Build Your Career at Aecon!
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
- Participating in and supporting the day-to-day QA activities
- Interpret business requirements and technical specifications to appropriately test or validate a solution (either a new solution, an enhancement to an existing solution, or a break fix item for an existing solution)
- Perform procedural and manual testing of systems and processes.
- Create and execute test plans/cases/scripts/reports
- Define and maintain testing frameworks
- Investigate, analyze, report and document defects; monitor and track resolution; test the correction of identified defects.
- Create and maintain business and/or technical documentation
- Supporting client QA planning, execution and ‘lessons learned’ meetings
- Contribute to the drafting and finalization of training materials (internal) and support end user training as needed.
- Creation of automated test scripts and scenarios
- Able to enhance existing automation framework.
- Review of test scenarios and/or test cases
- Liaising with BA, Development, PM and Business during testing to aid in troubleshooting and defect resolution
- Support UAT testing
- QA Exit and Sign-off Report preparation
- QA Status and Metrics Reporting
- Interpret business requirements and provide test estimates and Test Strategy for test planning.
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing and collaborative environment.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- University or college degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of QA Analyst experience
- Strong knowledge of QA processes and techniques
- Solid knowledge of SDLC methodologies and test management tools
- Ability to collect and analyze complex data;
- Basic understanding of SAP Modules SD/ ETM/FICO/MM/HCM/ SF
- Proven ability to create and maintain test scripts using HP ALM UFT and LeanFT using VB.Net, Java/ C#
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git) to manage code changes
- Understanding with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS) and their services - Preferred
- Experience with popular automation testing frameworks and tools like Selenium, TestNG, JUnit
- Experience in Process control would be an asset
- High degree of proficiency using Microsoft products
- Excellent analysis skills.
- Problem Solving
- Uses logic and techniques to solve complex problems with effective solutions
- Asks the right probing questions to help achieve the best outcome
- Decision Making
- Makes sound decisions involving the most complex information and dynamic situations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Clearly conveys and receives information in a manner that engages the listener
- Integrity, Humility, Transparency
- Courage, Drive
- Energy, Passion
- Ability to adapt quickly
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.