The Software Engineering Manager’s key focus is to develop and expand the knowledge and capabilities of software development, technologies and methods. This position is responsible for providing software design support and guidance on new product developments (where appropriate), evaluating, reviewing and supporting customer software design requests, sales support, managing software maintenance (where appropriate), and providing ‘software test engineering’ support to Production.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for Software engineering support for all product lines and will have program management responsibilities for all software on all product lines and production test equipment.
This position will have direct supervision of members of the Software Engineering group and authority to direct the activities of assigned resources, while in a project leadership role.
Essential Job Functions
- New Product Development (R&D) duties
- Design Maintenance duties
- Project Engineering Support duties
- Sales Support duties
- Technical Support duties
- Program Management responsibilities
- Team Administrative duties
- Manufacturing Engineering Support duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics from an accredited university, required
- Masters and/or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics from an accredited university would be an asset
Technical Skills, Knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with embedded software design of products and systems in steel rolling mill market desired/preferred, but industrial, automotive, aerospace or other comparable environment will be considered
- Software design experience with non-contact width and length measurement sensors, detectors and instrumentation in the steel rolling applications desired
- Management of team of engineers and technical staff
- Product development and project management experience (technical, budget and schedule)
- Experience with embedded software design, real-time operating systems, networks, industrial communication protocols, PC/Windows based application design, databases, software design and management methodologies and tools.
Vishay Precision Group Canada
Where success is made by people like you
Vishay Precision Group Canada, formerly George Kelk Corporation, is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation. In business for over 65 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality and industrial instrumentation.
VPG has facilities and operations spread around the globe and there is one consistent thread that ties everything together, and ensures our continued success: our people.
The dedication and talent of our employees have made us industry leaders. Thanks to our people’s efforts and commitment, our products deliver the highest levels of precision, quality and service for measurement equipment. We look forward to adding more skilled, motivated people to our team. We offer an innovative, diverse and rewarding environment – one that allows team members to fulfill their personal and professional potential in a wide variety of educational and experience-based disciplines.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and use #ENG2019 when referencing the job.
Human Resources Manager
VPG Canada (KELK)
48 Lesmill Road
Toronto, Ontario M3B 2T5
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Development: 4 years (Required)
- embedded software: 6 years (Required)