We’re dedicated to creating a society inclusive of people
with physical disabilities, and we need your help.
SUPPORT SERVICE ATTENDANT
Part Time Position – RENFREW,ON.
March of Dimes Canada is currently looking for individuals who are interested in helping to assist people with physical disabilities reach their goals and make a difference in their lives.
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, weekends) that vary between locations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
NOTE: As a condition of employment, all successful candidates must complete a Criminal Records Check under Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Starting rate of $17.26/hour plus mileage and travel time.
- Part-time benefits are available to those employees who meet plan eligibility requirements.
- Fully paid training and ongoing professional development is provided to all successful candidates.
- Gain valuable hands on experience in the health care field.
If you believe in enhancing the lives of persons living with a disability, please send your resume to:
Community Support Supervisor
Job Type: Part-time