Sr. Software Development Engineer
This position is a full-time role which will be based out of the Telmetrics Corp. office in Mississauga, Ontario which is a part of the Marchex group of companies. We are currently only accepting resumes from local applicants. Experience working with remote/international teams is preferred.
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Marchex’s conversational analytics software, services, and applications to help our clients grow and optimize their businesses.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Marchex you will participate in the design and development of developer facing APIs and Portals used by Marchex customers. These tools will provide the building blocks for our own client facing UIs and integrations with both clients and industry-specific third parties. You will help to apply our innovative solutions that solve real world problems as long-running, scalable software applications maintaining the highest levels of availability and satisfaction among our clients, both internal and external.
The Marchex Analytics team owns the core product suite that helps our clients understand conversations with their customers.
· We build highly scalable services that provide insights into what is happening during a conversation.
· The team is focused on enhancing our industry-leading conversational analytics solution to provide even better analytics in real-time.
· We are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds, love building new innovative technologies and enhancing existing ones.
· We obsess over our customer’s needs and experience.
· We enjoy prototyping new ideas, we also love making solutions production-ready.
· We embrace agile culture
· We use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
· We learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
We need you to have
· Extensive experience with Java or a similar language
· Superb knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
· Excellent programming skills structured within a collaborative development environment
· A track record of successful delivery of new applications and services
· A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Passion for solving hard problems that matter
· Desire to mentor more junior developers and help them improve their skills
We’d like you to have
· A deep understanding of the many ways systems can fail
· Knowledge of how to build systems resilient to failure
· Good taste and an intuition for balanced, simple solutions
· Strong knowledge of operating system behaviors, especially regarding stability, performance, and correctness
· Expertise in building platforms used by other developers to build new products
· Experience with service-oriented architectures
· Academic or real-world experience building distributed systems
· Experience with distributed data stores like Dynamo, Cassandra, HDFS, and ZooKeeper.
· The ability to clearly and concisely describe complex ideas
· The ability to write automated tests to ensure the correctness of complex systems
· Experience with front-end design and implementation using HTML
· Familiarity with cloud services (for example AWS EC2, S3, SWF, Lambda, etc)
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use a PC and telephone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Travel to the United States may be required on occasion.
Please note that this role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
*Our team is currently working from home and will continue to do so until further notice*
Telmetrics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; Telmetrics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Telmetrics’ Human Resources department of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- Software Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19