Location/Lieu: Southwest Sarnia
Position/Poste: Support Services Attendant
- Assists consumers in their own homes with activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- G-tube feeding
- Trach care and suctioning * Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Clear Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Persons
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): Ongoing
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Sharon van der Meulen
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 993 Maxwell St. Sarnia, ON
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Dans le cadre de son engagement envers l'équité en emploi, March des dix sous Canada encourage les candidatures de membres qualifiés des quatre groupes désignés: les femmes, les Autochtones, les personnes handicapées et les minorités visibles.
Job Type: Part-time