Phoenix Restorations has immediate openings for Drywall Technicians
Working on various jobsites throughout the Lower Mainland, this role is responsible for the installation and repair of Drywall, Taping, Texture, Painting, and Finish Trim. You will be joining a growing team of professionals delivering a high level of customer service and quality workmanship. To succeed in this role, you will foster good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all work is performed according to WorkSafe BC Regulations
- Install Site Protection on all jobsites
- Loading and unloading of construction materials
- Installation and/or repairing of drywall
- Tape, coat, skim and sand drywall ready for paint
- Perform various types of painting and texturing including texture blends
- Install interior doors, casings and baseboards
- Safely operate all required power tools
- Clean and maintain all tools and equipment
- Attend all division meetings and training sessions as required
- Meet company standards for attendance and punctuality
Education and Experience
- 3 years experience in drywall, paint, trim carpentry
- Experience using quick set drywall mud
- Experience in texture blends as asset
- Experience with roller and spray paint applications
- Experience with stains and finishes an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC drivers’ license with a clean abstract
- Clean criminal record (background check will be required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction processes and procedures
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to demonstrate professional knowledge and use of required tools and equipment
- Able to follow safety protocols including the use of appropriate PPE
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Provide your own hand tools (larger tools and equipment provided)
- Ability to write, speak and understand English fluently
- Ability to work well alone or in a team environment
- This role is dispatched out of Phoenix’s Head Office in Coquitlam
- Your time will be spent on jobsites throughout the Lower Mainland
- Company provided PPE must be worn as required
- Employee provided CSA safety footwear must be worn at all times
- This is an hourly position; rate is commensurate with experience
- Some overtime may be required during peak business periods
Why work at Phoenix?
As a 2nd Generation Family business, we know that our people are everything. We want to set-up each of our team members to be as successful as they can be. We believe in a culture of mutual respect and accountability and we know the importance of work-life balance.
We believe in promoting from within and we provide a structured Development Pipeline to further your career in other areas of expertise. Our Team celebrates Quarterly Breakfasts, afternoon BBQ’s and fun staff events outside of the office - all coordinated and chosen by our in-house Social Committee based on employee feedback.
We provide full time work, comprehensive benefits and competitive pay.
We look forward to talking to you.
In addition, you will receive the following benefits:
- Company vehicle with gas card
- Company cell phone
- Extended medical/dental benefits after 90 days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid vacation time
- Awesome team culture!
Applicants: Thank you for your interest, however due to the volume of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Recruiters: Please do not contact us in regards to this posting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)