An excellent opportunity to work from home. Help us provide on call support during the weekend and holidays to:
1) Home Support Program – Support the Home Support clients and families using our JFS Home Support services and Home Support Workers. This position takes calls from Home Support workers who are ill and require a replacement, or from clients/families who are cancelling their home support or from current clients/families who are wanting to increase their service.
2) JFS Community Care Hotline - Answer the Community Care Hotline to field questions and requests for help from the community.
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and good computer skills. Calls per weekend vary but typically average 6-10 calls per 48-hour period.
Jewish Family Services
JFS has been enhancing the quality of life for individuals and families in the Lower Mainland for 82 years. The agency delivers a continuum of social service programs to the Jewish and broader community, throughout the Lower Mainland. JFS has a long-standing reputation for creative and professional response to community needs.
Summary of Responsibilities
· To answer a dedicated phone line and respond to each call throughout the 48 hours
· To have a phone and a computer tablet (provided by the program) with you at all times during this period
· Use an online scheduling platform to input changes to schedules and notes regarding these changes
· To notify clients or workers by phone of the change
· To send emails to the respective coordinators about these changes
· Update an excel spreadsheet with information about callers to the Community Care Hotline
· To report to managers in Home Support and the Community Care Hotline
· Undergraduate degree in nursing, social work, gerontology or equivalent experience in social services setting/health care setting
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working with seniors
· Excellent communication, computer skills
· Knowledge of Jewish customs and culture an asset
This is a short-term on call position requiring you to be available every weekend from Saturday 8am through to Monday 8am and may include some Statutory and Jewish Holidays. The length of employment is from June 2020 through November 30, 2020. Compensation is $100 per 48 hour weekend.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to Rachel Shanken, Director of Operations quoting “On Call – Home Support and Hotline”. Application deadline June 26, 2020. Please note, only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
- Work from home opportunities
Job Type: Contract
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)