We are looking for a dynamic junior accountant to join our wonderful team as a contractor.
We are an online Chartered Professional Accountants firm. You can find more details at https://www.abacusol.ca.
The candidate will be responsible for taking on various accounting related projects for our accounting firm. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of accounting, is flexible, highly professional, keen to learn and tech-savvy.
Role & Responsibilities
You’ll be using online accounting software and apps and working closely with our clients to ensure that the following responsibilities are handled diligently:
- Weekly Bookkeeping (mix of accrual and cash-basis) for multiple clients using Xero and Quickbooks online
- Running payroll, making changes to payroll and handling T4 slips and ROE forms
- Answering support questions from clients related to bookkeeping and payroll matters
- Ensuring clients’ books are kept up-to-date and are accurate and organized
- Preparing month-end reports
- Managing multiple clients simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
Schedule and location:
The position is flexible and allows you to work remotely or in our office, part-time or full-time.
Our office is located in the https://www.edisoncalgary.com/in Calgary Downtown.
- Excellent understanding of accrual bookkeeping, payroll, debits and credits, clearing accounts, bank recs and more
- Excellent understanding of the ins and outs of how an accounting system works: Invoicing, payables, bookkeeping, tax rates, etc.
- Prior bookkeeping experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of online accounting software (Xero, QBO, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to details
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Tech savvy
- Keen to learn
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $30.00 /hour
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Xero: 1 year (Preferred)