Precision Castparts Corp. is a leading worldwide, diversified, manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets.
PCC Aerostructures Division is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Currently they include more than 35 plants in North America, Europe, and Asia, with over 5500 employees, and has ambitious growth plans.
Acquired by PCC in 2012, Centra Industries Inc. located in Cambridge, Ontario, is one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division, and is staffed with over 400 employees in two production facilities.
Centra is a leading Tier II Supplier and manufacturer of complex high precision machined components to the aerospace and defense industries. Their key custoers are Boeing, PAG/Airbus, Gulfstream, Goodrich (UTAS), Bombardier, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon Missile Systems. Centra specializes in complex hard metal 4 and 5 axis CNC precision machining, processing, and mechanical assembly.
- Responsible to perform tasks involving physical assembly, and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools; responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies.
Shift: Afternoons (3:30pm-11:30pm), Continental Days (7:30am-7:30pm, working every two days on, two off, having every other Fri-Sun off) Weekend Shift (7:30 am-7:30 pm. Fri-Sat-Sun)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical assembly functions of varied complexity with close supervision, including but not limited to:
- Sealants: basic fillet sealing
- Riveting: smaller parts only
- Drilling: loose-fitting, lower-tolerance holes
- Clean parts with various chemical applications (i.e. MEK, Varsol, sealants, etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and tools associated with the assembly department;
- Read and interpret blueprints/work instructions, and complete paperwork requirements;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Assembly Supervisor
- High School education; or equivalent
- Preferably 1-2+ years of experience in mechanical assembly/line assembly;
- Demonstrated level of intermediate mechanical capabilities/aptitude
- Experience using various hand tools/air tools/power tools and equipment
- English reading and writing comprehension as well as good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, aerospace environment
- Excellent attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, and results oriented
- Capable of completing assigned tasks according to established written/verbal instructions
- Strong sense of teamwork within cell and across organization
What's in it for You?
- Full-time, permanent positions
- Shift premiums
- Bonus payment program
- Excellent RRSP and DPSP Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Dental Benefits - with options for your lifestyle
- Monthly company events
- Working in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
In your application/cover letter, please indicate what shift you are applying to (afternoon/continental days). Thank you.
PCC Aerostructures Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates for their interest in Centra Industries Inc. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted.
PCC Aerostructures Canada will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants during the recruitment process and during employment. Those requiring alternative communication forms can contact us (a) in person, (b) by calling 519-650-2828, or (c) by emailing
C e n t r a A c c e s s i b i l i t y @ p c c a e r o . c a
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour